MUFG Bank Europe N.V. (MBE) is a fully-owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), one of the largest ranked financial groups in the world in terms of assets, offering a wide range of financial services, including commercial banking, trust banking, securities services, project finance, consumer finance and asset management. MUFG has the largest overseas network of any Japanese bank, over 1,000 branches and offices in more than 40 countries and a total of 140,000 employees. The bank’s vision is to be the world’s most trusted financial group. For more than 50 years MBE offers commercial banking services to both Japanese and non-Japanese corporate customers in the Netherlands and, through its branches and subsidiaries, in Central and East Europe.
Our goal is to be the most trusted bank in the world, providing value-added banking services and excellent operations, fulfilling both Japanese and non-Japanese customers' needs. MUFG is positioning MBE as her banking subsidiary for the EU, with an increasing network of branches, managed from Amsterdam. As a result, MBE is growing in size and complexity, creating an environment where change programs and large projects are run simultaneously. Per April 2018 this includes branches in Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Belgium, Austria and Spain.
The Administrator will be supporting all aspects of Customer Due Diligence and Transaction Monitoring to include the fulfilment of Anti-Money Laundering (AML), sanctioning related and Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements as well as account opening.
The function forms part of Japanese Corporate Banking Department (JCBD), which consists of 2 units: Business Promotion and Administration & Control. The task of JCBD is to develop and maintain Japanese customer base, and to gain profits through promotion of the bank’s products and services within the risk framework of the bank.
Administrator is to report to Head of JCBD and directly work with Relationship Managers (RM).
• To conduct data input for maintenance and quality assurance of KYC data files to support JCBD’s business activities
• Deal with KYC related issues and requirement by communicating with RM, customers and colleagues in Commercial Support Office
• Conduct day to day KYC data input tasks accurately and timely with proper understanding of internal rules
• Provide cooperative support to RMs and existing assistants when required.
• To ensure compliance with the Bank’s rules, policies, procedures and guidelines together with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements.
・The function requires an intellectual and working background at WO/HBO level (professional economic/administrative education).
・0-2 years’ experience
・Functional/Technical Skills and Knowledge requirements
•Comprehensive knowledge at WO/HBO level
• PC skills: Windows, MS Excel and MS Word
• Effective communication skills to work in a team
• Ability to work under pressure to reach required quality and meet fixed deadlines
• Verbal and written communication skills in English and Japanese are essential.
• Basic financial knowledge, data-processing,
• Willingness to understand MUFG strategies, regulations and manuals