The function forms part of the bank’s Credit Management Division (CMD), which main task consists of credit analysis, administration and control in relation with the bank’s credit and market risk transaction portfolio and customers in order to safeguard compliance with the bank’s credit rules, policies and guidelines as well as the regulatory framework.
The division comprises of 2 teams:
• Credit Analysis Team (CA)
Responsible for objective analysis and risk assessment in the division in respect of credit and market risk transactions in accordance with the bank’s policies, rules and guidelines and as such facilitating a balanced credit decision process
• Credit Middle Office Team (CMO)
Responsible for the control and administration of the bank’s credit and market risk transaction portfolio and customer data.
The Analyst CA reports to the Head of the Credit Analysis Team and in his/her absence to the Head of CMD.
• The function requires knowledge of the (intra-) departmental work flows and processes, of the products offered by Front Office and of the applicable internal and external legislation. The function also requires knowledge and understanding/experience of/with the bank's credit risk business, policies, rules and guidelines.
• A good awareness of country, market and sector developments is essential for the pro-active monitoring of country, market and industry trends and the effect on the customer’s and the bank’s risk profile.
• PC skills: Windows, MS Office (Words, Excel. Access, PowerPoint), Microsoft Outlook
• Credit analysis skills: corporate financial analysis skills, understanding the bank’s credit rules and credit rating procedures, regulations and manuals
• Verbal and written communication skills in English are essential.
Verbal and written communication skills in Japanese are required!