Purpose of the function
The execution of KYC tasks in order to support the Relationship Managers, Unit Head and Department Head in JCBD, by providing KYC related service and products.
The function forms part of Japanese Corporate Banking Division (JCBD), which consists of 3 units: Business Promotion, Administration, CMS and KYC. The task of JCBD is to develop and maintain Japanese customer base, and to gain profits through promotion of the bank’s products and services within the risk framework of the bank.
KYC staff is to report to Unit Head, to Department Head of CBD in JCBD.
• To execute the KYC tasks related to JCBD customers.
• To execute inputting on CIS-NET, uploading necessary documents in ECMS, creating necessary KYC materials like an additional information sheet.
• To request customers for providing necessary information.
• To ensure timely processing of KYC related requirement.
• To monitor the progress of each KYC file not to breach its due date.
• To implement, with the support from Relationship Managers, sanction monitoring and other Regulatory required tasks.
• To collaborate with CSO to complete KYC files in timely manner.
• To partner with CSO to complete KYC files in timely manner
• To cross check the contents of KYC materials, with high credibility and accuracy.
• To manage and coordinate the administrative tasks related to compliance issues linked to the KYC responsibility for both general corporate, trade finance and financial institutions for existing and new customers,
• To undertake quality reviews of customers’ KYC records
• To co-work with other JCBD colleagues in order to meet required high KYC quality
• To ensure compliance with the Bank’s rules, policies, procedures and guidelines together with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements.
• Drive for Results
• Collaborate and Build Partnerships
• Communicate Effectively and Professionally
• Balance Risk with Opportunity
• Deliver extraordinary Customer Experience
• Demonstrate Global Perspective
• Influence and Inspire Others
Knowledge and skills
• The function requires an intellectual and working background at HBO level (professional economic/administrative education) and experience in a similar function or relevant area. Banking industry preferred.
• The function requires knowledge of the (intra-)divisional work flows and processes, of the products offered by our Front Office and of the applicable internal and external legislation.
• The function also requires knowledge and understanding/experience of/with the bank's business, policies, rules and guidelines.
• PC skills: Windows, MS Excel (advanced skill preferred), MS Power Point, MS Word
• Basic financial knowledge, data-processing
• Willingness to understand MUFG strategies, regulations and manuals
• Verbal and written communication skills in English are essential. Dutch and Japanese languages preferred. Especially, Japanese language skills can be an advantage.