The HR team executes the total personnel policy for more than 400 employees per day and is a sparring partner for employees, department heads and MT members in the field of personnel execution. It is a very dynamic work environment, where no day is the same.
【What are you going to do?】
As a Japanese HR Coordinator you will be the colleague who can be the cross-cultural bridge between the Japanese staff members and the many other nationalities that the hotel is proud to be the employer of choice of. Hotel Okura Amsterdam is a hotel with a strong connection with Japan and has many Japanese staff members (80) for which you will be responsible. Together with the other Japanese HR coordinator as your direct colleague you will be working in an enthusiastic HR team of professionals.
【What can you expect as Japanese HR Coordinator?】
You thrive in an international environment and feel like you are the bridge between the Japanese staff members and the Dutch/EU staff members. You need to have cultural awareness and to be able to understand and work with cultural differences.
You are someone who enjoys working in a vibrant and dynamic work environment, where every day brings something new.
As a Japanese HR Coordinator you will support in the recruitment of Japanese colleagues. You are responsible for the whole process from onboarding to the off boarding of colleagues for Hotel Okura Amsterdam. Besides this you are the sparring partner for the (Japanese) Departments Heads in their daily operation on HR related topics, such as performance evaluation, absenteeism and other HR related topics that might arise. You have administrative HR tasks and are responsible i.e. in assisting with Japanese staff related matters internally by corresponding with headquarters in Japan, monitoring and applying for the 30% ruling, preparing for the recruitment trip and corresponding with third parties related to recruitment (such as recruitment agencies) or onboarding/off boarding (health insurance, municipality, embassy). All in all, together with the other Japanese HR coordinator you are the go to person for any Japanese staff related matters within the hotel.
【What are we asking?】
Of course we are primarily interested in you and what we as an employer can do for you. Nevertheless we expect from you that:
• You are comfortable with communicating in Japanese orally and written, a level of business Japanese (keigo) is required
• Good English skills are required, good Dutch language skills are preferred. You have experience within a similar position (1-2 years)
• You can easily cope with changes and enjoy thinking of solutions
• You think out of the box and have a hands on mentality
• Previous work experience with Japanese is required, as you need to be aware of the Japanese business culture and customs.
• Previous HR experience, or experience in expat management is highly valued. You will be the HR contact person for the departments that consists of many Japanese staff members.
【What do we offer you?】
• Extensive development opportunities in almost 30 different departments
• Support by a training manager and E-learning system
• Staff discounts in all our restaurants (Lucky you!)
• Great staff events (annual staff party, Sinterklaas, team outings)
• Monthly health days for employees
• Employee of the month (receives a dinner in one of our restaurants and an overnight stay)
• Employee of the year (receives a complete trip to Japan)
Contract: 1 year, possibility to extend, we want you to stay!
Salary: Group 7
Bonus: 1 week salary if achieving you SMART Goals
Travel allowance: As from 10 km commuting
Holidays: 25 vacation days
CAO: The Uniform Conditions for the Hotel and Catering Industry
Training: Various possibilities
【Are you interested in this position?】
If this vacancy appeals to you, we would like to schedule an appointment with you, to discuss why you would like this job and what you find important in a future job. So feel free to click the apply button below.
Are you interested in this position?
If this vacancy appeals to you, we would like to schedule an appointment with you, to discuss why you would like this job and what you find important in a future job.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to the below.