The function forms part of the bank’s Credit Management Division (CMD), which main task consists of credit analysis, administration and control in relation with the bank’s credit and market risk transaction portfolio and customers in order to safeguard compliance with the bank’s credit rules, policies and guidelines as well as the regulatory framework.
The division comprises of 2 teams:
-Credit Analysis Team (CA)
Responsible for objective analysis and risk assessment in the division in respect of credit and market risk transactions in accordance with the bank’s policies, rules and guidelines and as such facilitating a balanced credit decision process
-Credit Middle Office Team (CMO)
Responsible for the control and administration of the bank’s credit and market risk transaction portfolio and customer data.
The Analyst reports to the Head of CMO and in his/her absence to the Head of CMD.
• Ensure that the daily workflow processing is up to date and accurate;
• Pre-disbursements checks
• Support the preparation and assurance of timely periodical management information reports, primarily regarding the bank's credit, market and market risk transaction and collateral portfolio within the regulatory and the bank’s framework of rules, policies and guidelines to safeguard compliance;
• Where appropriate, co-ordinate and escalate significant incidents in order to minimise the consequences and facilitate the recovery of the bank’s resources.
• Entry of credit/other risk, collateral & customer (static) data in the bank’s used applications if required;
• Contribute to the completion of the team’s workload;
• Adapt to and identify changes in systems, processes and working practices in order to achieve operational improvement.
• Ensure compliance with the Bank’s rules, policies, procedures and guidelines together with all relevant regulatory and statutory requirements.
This all on the condition that the prior approval for the credit discretion has been given by relevant authorized division/department heads in the Front Area and management.
The tasks described above, apply to the credit business of the Amsterdam, Vienna, Prague, Brussels and Madrid offices of the bank.
The function requires an intellectual and working background at HBO level (professional economic/accounting education) and experience in a similar function or relevant area.
PC skills: Windows, MS Office (Words, Excel. Access, PowerPoint),
• Verbal and written communication skills in English are essential.
• Verbal and written communication skills in Japanese are preferable.
• Work permit holder for The Netherlands