We are looking for a Financial Reporting Officer in our Finance & Tax team.
In this position, you will be dealing with the following:
• Producing regular financial reports, such as financial statements, management reports, group reporting (to HO in Tokyo), budget reports, as well as any ad-hoc reports
• Producing periodical regulatory reports, including FINREP, AE, DGS-Q, BSI, MIR, MESREP, and ad-hoc reports, if required by the regulator
• Producing regular tax related reports/returns, such as corporate income tax, bank levy, DAC6 and transfer pricing documentation
• (Support on) producing public disclosure such as Annual Report (finance related parts)
• Reviewing reports described above produced by one of your colleagues
• Maintaining and updating user specifications and requirements for IT systems
• Supporting team manager on communication and liaison with external stakeholders
• Supporting team manager on initiating and implementing improvements in processes and controls and automate work file wherever possible
• Obtaining information and investigating on accounting, regulatory reporting and taxation legislative or regulatory requirements and developments. As a result of this, you advise or support the team manager upon changes, especially on impact analysis and implementation
We value your eagerness to cooperate with colleagues from different cultures.
- you are a team player and have good communication skills (Japanese would be bonus).
- Resolving complex reporting challenges with a systematic approach is your way of working.
- You possess solution-oriented thinking, in the meantime with high attention to details.
- You can identify yourself with our values and enjoy working in an international setting.
- Adding value to the growth of NBE and the above mentioned activities is something you look forward to.
- You have obtained a Bachelor or Master degree in finance, economics, accounting or similar.
- You have 3-5 years’ experience in accounting and regulatory reporting in a banking or financial services environment in EU and therefore experienced with EU/Dutch regulatory reporting such as FINREP/BSI.
- Your knowledge in accounting standards (IFRS) is up to standard.
Norinchukin Bank Europe (NBE) opened its office in Amsterdam in 2019 and is a subsidiary one of Japan’s largest and oldest financial institutions. Norinchukin Bank was founded in 1923 and is a cooperative bank with its roots in agriculture, fishery and forestry.
We are currently with over 80 employees actively expanding our business in Europe, with a high focus on sustainability. We foster our open culture by continuously demonstrating our values of openness, sensitivity, engagement and cooperation. At NBE, we are a real melting pot from people all over the world, at least 17 nationalities are represented. We respect and are interested in each other’s culture. Furthermore, our way of working can be defined as informal and our communication lines are short. Since NBE only started in 2019, not everything is carved in stone yet. Therefore, you can really contribute to the development of NBE and have a wide scope in terms of responsibility.
What is our offer?
Working in an unique company with a lot of opportunities. We offer you a great job in which you can really contribute to the development and growth of the company. In addition, the job will be giving you enough room to grow and to further develop yourself. We are a melting pot of cultures and welcome diversity. Our working conditions are according the CLA Banks. Your salary level is attractive and includes holiday allowance and a 13th month payment at the end of the year. You are entitled to 30 vacation days (on fulltime basis). Furthermore, we facilitate you with a wellbeing program and continuous investment in your personal development.
Applications can be submitted via:
If you have any questions related to the vacancy please feel free to contact Sarah Colijn, HR Business Partner (Email address below).