JCC is pleased to invite you to a seminar with the cooperation of Loyens & Loeff and JETRO Amsterdam on 17 April, as of 9:30 in the morning.
- Date/Time：Thursday, 17 April 10.00 – 13.30 (registration at 9.30)
- Venue：Loyens& Loeff Amsterdam Office (Fred. Roeskestraat 100, 1076 ED Amsterdam)
- Number of Attendees：40（First come first service so please register as soon as possible! we kindly ask your cooperation if the maximum number of registration excesses far more than 40)
- Language: English with Japanese summaryFor companies who have international trade or logistic service providers of such companies, VAT is one of the subjects which has to be dealt with on a daily basis. Although it may seem a quite straight forward tax, incorrect VAT treatment of cross-border trade can however have a significant budgetary impact. In the first session of the seminar, a VAT specialist of Loyens & Loeff will explain the current general VAT rules with various examples focusing on international trade.In the second session, the VAT specialist will further explain the proposed EU’s VAT system changes which will have a huge impact on the VAT treatment of cross-border business within the EU.
The EU proposal ultimately aims at introducing a new VAT system to (i) avoid VAT fraud in cross-border trade and (ii) make life simpler for companies doing business in the EU’s single market.
Pending the introduction of the new VAT system, the European Council adopted some new rules, the so called ‘quick fixes’ to simplify international trade as of 1 January 2020. These quick fixes will have a considerable impact on businesses engaged in international trade. The quick fixes consist of the following changes:
• Simplified treatment for call-off stock;
• Uniform rules for simplification of chain transactions;
• Mandatory VAT identification number for application of VAT rate of 0%;
• Simplification of proof of intra community supplies.
We believe that via this seminar, companies who have trading activities will have a clear overview of VAT and will be able to prepare for the upcoming changes.
- 9:30-10:00 Registration
- 10:00-10:05 Opening by JCC/JETRO
- 10:05-10:15 Greeting by Loyens & Loeff Japan practice partner Patrick van Oppen
- 10:15-11:00 Introduction of general EU VAT rules with focus on international trade
- 11:00-11:10 Japanese summary
- 11:10-11:20 Break
- 11:20-11:50 EU’s VAT system changes
- 11:50-12:00 Japanese summary
- 12:00-12:20 Q&A
- 12:20-12:30 Closing by Loyens & Loeff Japan practice partner Bartjan Zoetmulder
- 12:30-13:30 Lunch and free networking 13:30: End of the program