MUFG Bank Europe N.V. (MBE) is a fully-owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), one of the largest ranked financial groups in the world in terms of assets, offering a wide range of financial services, including commercial banking, trust banking, securities services, project finance, consumer finance and asset management. MUFG has the largest overseas network of any Japanese bank, over 1,000 branches and offices in more than 40 countries and a total of 140,000 employees. The bank’s vision is to be the world’s most trusted financial group. For more than 50 years MBE offers commercial banking services to both Japanese and non-Japanese corporate customers in the Netherlands and, through its branches and subsidiaries, in Central and East Europe.
Our goal is to be the most trusted bank in the world, providing value-added banking services and excellent operations, fulfilling both Japanese and non-Japanese customers' needs. MUFG is positioning MBE as her banking subsidiary for the EU, with an increasing network of branches, managed from Amsterdam. As a result, MBE is growing in size and complexity, creating an environment where change programs and large projects are run simultaneously. Per April 2018 this includes branches in Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Belgium, Austria and Spain.
Overall Purpose of Job:
The Data Integrity Analyst will be part of the Data Integrity Team (DI) within the Commercial Support Office and will be supporting all aspects for improving the client data quality within the firm and assisting the banks’ developments teams in implementing a global, data-led strategy.
The Data Integrity Team will review and analyze the client data information to protect the company data reserves.
Data Integrity Analyst is responsible for identifying and profiling the client data and for managing these data in the different IT Systems.
The candidate will work closely with the other sections of the Commercial Support Office (KYC Support and Sanctions Teams) and other customer-facing teams to ensure all customer information is compliant with regulatory standards, to guarantee all data content is correct, up to date and complete
The Data Integrity Analyst also will assist the front office of the Commercial Division and other Departments in the bank with completing and excelling the collection of client data and verifying this information.
• Monitoring and reviewing data that is entered into the firm's matter and client relationship management systems, checking for completion and accuracy.
• Data cleansing - identifying, assessing and resolving any data quality issues.
• Developing good relationships with users across the firm and interacting with them to resolve any data quality issues.
• Responsible for profiling data and performing ad-hoc data analysis
• Developing data quality best practice guidelines and providing user training.
• Providing ad-hoc support to ensure that best practice is followed.
• Addressing the root cause of data inconsistencies and recommending improvements.
• Ensuring that the business has access to complete and accurate client data to support decision making.
• Measuring and reporting to management on the progress of data quality improvement.
• Be able to perform tests to ensure the client data quality
• Responsible for monitoring ongoing data quality
• Working on documenting and communicating quality issues
• Communicate effectively and efficiently with relevant internal and external parties to obtain KYC documents;
• Timely processing of reporting requirements
• Contribute to the completion of the team’s workload
• The function requires knowledge at MBO/HBO level and wide practical experience across a number of financial services disciplines.
• Knowledge of key relevant legal, regulatory and statutory requirements.
• 1 to 3 years of experience with in a financial services, operational or compliance fields
• Prior experience in the AML / KYC or Sanction domain is a plus
• Customer Onboarding and/or documentation analysis experience preferred.
Functional/Technical Skills and Knowledge requirements
• Strong written and oral communication skills in English, Dutch and Japanese are a plus
• Ability to get up to speed quickly with new or unfamiliar subject matter.
• Independent, self-motivated, with an ability to adapt and be flexible in a team environment
• Ability to communicate clearly and confidently; able to influence internal and external stakeholders
• Risk and controls awareness
• Ability to work under pressure and to fixed deadlines