Start-up phase: Prior to the operational launch of MSCN in 2024, the Accounting Assistant prepares and participates in the setup of a financial & accounting framework of processes, procedures, guidelines checks & control mechanisms and product costing. The ultimate goal is to establish an operational Finance & Accounting department in alignment with Dutch GAAP and Dutch Tax law.
The Accounting Assistant’s main responsibility is to support the Manager Accounting & Finance, on Financial Accounting, Product costing, Contract Management, Reporting ensuring the P&L, B/S, G/L and related financial documents, and analyzing, explaining and solving financial and material variances.
• You’ll report to the Manager Accounting & Finance.
• You’ll take care of the operational day to day Financial Accounting and Product Costing tasks.
• You’ll prepare, draw up and supports with cost analysis/cost monitoring.
• You’ll process Financial Accounting Reports in alignment with Dutch GAAP and Dutch Tax law.
• You’ll draw up periodic monthly cost and budget forecasts based on the production plan and periodic Financial Accounting and Product Costing reports.
• You’ll prepare, assist and processes periodic Financial and Tax Audits.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities, but not limited to:
• Supporting daily, periodic and monthly reports of accounting-related business to the Manager Accounting & Finance.
• Keeping up to date and maintaining General Ledger by our ERP system.
• Ensure that all financial transactions (AP and AR) are allocated to the correct cost centers/accounts, and the general accuracy of the accounting statements.
• Prepares, assists and draws up accounting statements, such as balance sheets, income statements, profit and loss statements, product costing sheets and month-end closing accounting books.
• Reconciliation of the bank accounts, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and customer accounts.
• Preparing in-time invoices related to the accounts receivables, and handling invoices related to the accounts payable.
• Checking and addressing accounts receivables if paid in time and taking action where needed.
• Filing of applicable required tax forms.
• Tracking and maintaining the company’s fixed assets.
• Preparing various management accounting reports.
• Keeping up-to-date and maintaining various masters of the financial and accounting software systems.
• Drawing up monthly, quarterly and annual cost accounting reports, collaborating with the Production Department.