About the job
The Purchase Administrator is responsible for the purchasing activities to support the Purchasing Manager. The Purchase Administrator communicates with forwarders, HQ in Japan and other suppliers to ensure that orders are correctly issued and timely/smoothly delivered by sea- and airfreight. The Purchase Administrator works closely with internal sales staff who handles customers’ orders and order forecast.
What are your main tasks?
• Issue and revise purchase orders to suppliers by using the ERP system
• Create shipping instructions to suppliers
• Keep track of status of open orders and the shipping schedules
• Input shipping schedule & details and create the overview for the Sales Department
• Monitor the receipt of the shipping documents timely and check the content
• Book purchase invoices from suppliers and update order status in the system
• Monitor and record the arrival of goods
• Contact suppliers, HQ and forwarders in Japan regarding delivery status and shipping documents;
• Check order status, product characteristics & export info or shipping schedules with HQ.
• Assist Purchasing Manager with preparation for reports or documents;
What are the function requirements?
• At least MBO working and thinking level
• Experience in international trading practices /order handlings (export/import)
• Knowledge of INCOTERMS 2010
• Knowledge of handling shipping documents
What competences do you have?
• Good oral, reading and writing skills in English and Japanese, third language (Dutch) preferred
• Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
• Accuracy, efficiency, time-consciousness
• Ability to work under pressure
• Intermediate level of Microsoft office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) and order handling skills in ERP system
Shin-Etsu Silicones Europe B.V. in Almere is the European headquarters for the sales of Silicones of the Japanese multinational Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd., the world’s biggest supplier of silicon wafers and PVC and one of the largest producers of silicones. Besides our European headquarters, we have a production site in Almere, a branch office in Wiesbaden (Germany) and a cosmetic application lab in Lyon (France).