Start-up phase: Prior to the operational launch in 2024, the Finance & Accounting Assistant prepares and participates in the setup of a financial & accounting framework of processes, procedures, guidelines, checks & control mechanisms and cost accounting.
Operational phase: The Finance & Accounting Assistant’s main responsibility is to support the Manager Finance & Accounting on Financial Accounting, Reporting the B/S, P/L, G/L and related financial documents, Product costing, and analyzing, explaining and solving financial and material variances.
• Reporting to the Manager Finance & Accounting.
• Taking care of the operational day-to-day Financial- and Cost- Accounting, and Tax affairs tasks.
• Preparing, draw-up and supporting with periodical financial/cost analysis and monitoring.
• Processing Financial Reports in alignment with Dutch GAAP and Dutch Tax law.
• Drawing up periodic, cost- and budget- forecasts based on the production plan and periodic Financial- and Cost- Accounting reports.
• Processing VAT and Corporate income tax returns to the Dutch tax office with the Tax service provider.
• Preparing, assisting and processing periodic Financial- and Tax- Audits.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities, but not limited to:
• Reporting daily and periodic accounting-related business to the Manager Finance & Accounting.
• Updating and maintaining General Ledger by our ERP system.
• Ensuring that all financial transactions (AP and AR) are allocated to the correct cost centers/accounts, and the general accuracy of the accounting statements.
• Preparing, assisting and drawing up accounting statements, such as B/S, P/L, Cost accounting sheets and quarterly closing accounting books.
• Reconciliation of the bank accounts and AR and AP.
• Preparing invoices related to the AR, and handling invoices related to the AP.
• Checking and addressing AR if paid in time, and taking action where needed.
• Filing of applicable required tax forms.
• Tracking and maintaining the company’s fixed assets.
• Preparing various management accounting reports.
• Updating and maintaining various masters of the ERP system.
• Drawing up quarterly and annual cost accounting reports, collaborating with the Production Department.
• HBO-, HEAO- or MEAO-diploma in Finance, Accounting or a related field.
• Proven minimum 3 years track record in a financial assistant’s position.
• Familiar with Dutch GAAP and Dutch tax affairs.
• Proactive and service-minded attitude.
• Proficient in English.
• Proficiency with MS Office and an ERP and/or any other accounting system.